Lou LaCroix's Original Recipe
- 8 oz chicken breasts (thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon shredded ginger
- 1/2 cup shredded bamboo shoots
- 4 fresh red chilies (seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves
- Fry garlic and ginger until golden.
- Add chicken; cook for three minutes.
- Add bamboo shoots, chilies, sauces, sugar, and scallions.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Stir in basil.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999