Molly's Red Soup
- 8 skinless chicken breast (with bones)
- 6 carrots
- 6 celery stalks
- 1 big onion
- 6 parsley twigs
- 5 whole tomatos (from can)
- salt (about 1 tablespoon)
- pepper (to taste)
- 1 to 2 packages of egg noodles
- Put chicken in large pot.
- Cover with water until 2" over chicken
- Bring to boil.
- Skim fat while boiling (about 5 minutes).
- Add celerey, carrots, onion, and parsley.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add squeezed tomatos.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and cover (leave a little hole).
- Simmer for 45 minutes.
Fast Chicken-less Version
- Instead of steps 1 through 4, bring two large cans of pre-made chicken broth to a boil.
- Continue from step 5 above.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999