(Veal, Chicken, or Eggplant)
Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- 1 egg
- vegetable oil
- seasoned breadcrumb
- 1 15 oz can tomato sauce (Del Monte')
- 4 veal or chicken cutlets (or equivalent amount of eggplant).
- olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- oregano (pinch)
- hot peppar (pinch)
- parseley (1/2 -1 teaspoon)
- salt (1/2 - 1 teaspoon) - only if sauce has no salt.
- grated cheese
- Dry (soak eggplant for 1/2 hr in water first)
- Dip in egg and dredge in breadcrumb.
- Put vegetable oil in pan and fry cutlets.
- Let cutlets drain on paper towels.
- Brown sliced garlic in pan with olive oil.
- Pour in sauce.
- Add condiments.
- Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Put some sauce on the bottom of a bake dish.
- Put in cutlets (veal or chicken).
- Poor rest of sauce on top.
- Sprinkle on grated cheese.
- Put on mozerella.
- Bake @ 350F for 10-15 minutes.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999