- 1 to 1.5 lbs of ground beef or turkey
- 1/2 cup milk (nonfat is OK)
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup of finely chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 to 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- salt and pepper
- Combine first four ingredients in a large bowl and mix by hand.
- Slowly add breadcrumbs until mixture is not too dry or too moist.
- Lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Put mixture in large casserole dish and seal top with ketchup.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350F.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999