Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- olive oil (to cover bottom of pan)
- 2 garlic cloves thickly sliced
- 28 oz can of whole tomatoes (Redpack) or 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red peppar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- sugar (pinch if needed)
- Brown garlic in oil under medium flame until garlic is lightly browned.
- Pour tomatoes into bowl and crush by hand or use 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes as is.
- Add tomatoes to garlic and oil.
- Add spices and let them sit on top of sauce for about a minute.
- Fold spices into tomatoes.
- Cover and let simmer under low flame for 20 minutes
edited on Sunday, January 30, 2000