Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- 1 lb browned meatballs
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 gloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 lb chopped meat
- 1 large can tomato puree
- 1+ cup water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- water and oil mixture
- Fry sausage.
- Put water and oil in large pot.
- Saute onion, garlic, parsley, red pepper.
- Once onions are soft, add chopped meat and brown.
- Add tomato puree, 1 cup water, salt, and oregano.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour (at least). The more you cook, the more flavor you get. Keep monitoring the sauce: if it thickens too much, add a little more water.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999