Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- 1 dozen clams
- 2 cloves of garlic thickly cut
- fresh parsely (to taste, usually alot)
- red peppar (1/2 teaspoon)
- clam juice (need more juice than that obtained from 1 dozen; make with baked clams)
- olive oil
- Open clams over a bowl and save their juice for clam sauce.
- Wash clams in their own juice.
- Drain juice with a handkerchief.
- Chop clams.
- Put oil in bottom of pan (a little more than for marinara).
- Brown garlic in oil under medium flame until garlic is lightly browned.
- Add parsely, red peppar, and clam juice.
- Raise heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add clams and let cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999