Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- 1 dozen clams
- clam juice (from clams)
- marinara (unsalted)
- Put clams in cold water to open. If they are still difficult to open, quickly steam them.
- Open clams over a bowl and save the juice for clam sauce.
- Wash clams in their own juice.
- Drain juice with a handkerchief.
- Chop clams.
- Prepare marinara sauce with no salt.
- Add juice to finished marinara and bring to a boil.
- Add clams and let cook for 1-2 minutes on a medium (to high) flame.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999