Mom Vid's Version
- chicken legs, thighs, and breasts (at least 1 dozen pieces)
- lemon juice
- 4 big yellow onions
- sour cream (can use low fat)
- noodles or mashed potatoes
- Remove all skin from chicken, wash, pat dry.
- Cover all chicken with lemon juice. Salt each piece and put into large
- Slice onions into long thin strands.
- Add onions to chicken in pot and turn on heat to simmer. If there's not
much juice, add a little water.
- Once onions and chicken have released some juice, add paprika to taste
(~1 tblspn ??).
- Continue to simmer until chicken is done (~45 min.??).
- Just before ready to serve, add sour cream and mix up.
- Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes.
edited on Monday, January 01, 2001