Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- 1 pound mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 handful of parmesan grated cheese
- 12 shakes of garlic powder (one pinch)
- 20 shakes of ground red-peppar (two pinches)
- 1/3 cup chopped mozzerella (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- olive oil
- Put ingredients (except oil) into bowl.
- Add a little oil (2 tablespoons) and mix by hand. Continue to add a little oil and mix until the mixture is just short of pasty; if the mixture is an even pastiness, you have added too much oil.
- Taste mixture. Make sure there's enough red peppar to give the mixture a nice "bite".
- Wash mushrooms, remove stems, and put stems aside.
- Put topping onto mushroom bottoms (in the holes where the stems were); the mixture should be overflowing.
- Put mushrooms top down in a baking tray (so that mixture is on top); sprinkle with olive oil.
- Put the stems in a corner of the tray and cover with the remaining mixture and some oil.
- Bake mushrooms for 15 minutes or until tops are brown in a preheated 375F oven.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999