Grandma Moe's Original Recipe
- 1 1/2 dozen clams
- 2 handfuls of seasoned breadcrumb
- 1 handful of Pecorino-Romano grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper
- olive oil
- Put ingredients (except oil) into bowl.
- Add a little oil (2 tablespoons) and mix by hand. Continue to add a little oil and mix until the mixture is just short of pasty; if the mixture is an even pastiness, you have added too much oil.
- Put clams in cold water to open. If they are still difficult to open, quickly steam them.
- Open clams over a bowl and save the juice for clam sauce (to be drained with a handkerchief).
- Put topping onto clams.
- Add a little oil over clams (already in tray)
- Bake clams for 15 minutes or until tops are brown in a preheated 400F oven.
edited on Sunday, December 05, 1999